Boris Kontsevoi is a know-how government, President and CEO of Intetics Inc., a worldwide software program engineering and knowledge processing firm.
Right now, the demand for simplicity reigns supreme in net design. When a possible consumer seems to be for an answer to an issue, it’s important to make sure optimum web site velocity in addition to a stage of UX that gives all of the required data in a most of three clicks.
There was an enormous shift in direction of web sites with a number of white area, minimal graphics and easy navigation. Psychologically, it is smart: In the course of the lockdown, many peoples’ lives grew to become smaller and less complicated. With surmounting stress, web customers craved calm environments. “Conscious net design” — an method that embraces clear designs, simplicity and manageable chunks of knowledge — grew to become an enormous pattern.
The less complicated your design is, the much less content material must be loaded — so your website not solely meets the expectations of right this moment’s digital viewers but in addition experiences nice web optimization and will increase lead era.
So, the plain query is: How do you introduce aware design into your web site?
A Consumer-Oriented And Conscious Design Method: A Slide Website
To introduce a client-oriented method and aware design into our web site, my firm, Intetics, determined to remodel it solely into slides. By doing so, we had been in a position to make sure optimum web site navigation whereas offering complete data to our purchasers inside a most of three clicks.
One of many options that was most helpful was a CMS constructor widget that we constructed in-house, which lets us create company displays by way of reusable webpage templates, and is one thing I like to recommend any enterprise chief take into account constructing, too, as they take a look at their very own web site.
The slide format has nice advantages. As an alternative of sending PPT or PDF information to purchasers, this lets you ship a hyperlink to a presentation. Basically, one web page equals one slide, so in case you want a customized presentation for a specific consumer, the widget will merge the required pages into a novel on-line set. Totally different crew members — gross sales, advertising, administration and extra — can simply construct customized displays with the freshest details about the corporate by combining slides on-demand.
Together with the slide format, we embraced aware design through the use of clear strains, daring typography, clear CTAs, keyboard navigation and a neutral-colored background. We additionally embraced simple interactivity with chatbots and easy-to-find search fields. These efforts led to a modern, fast-loading website that presents well-organized, easily-digestible data. The web site has been appreciated each by the skilled IT group and the enterprise viewers, because it obtained three awards from WebAwards 2021.
This design was not nearly assembly developments. It was created primarily based on a deep evaluation of our target market and the capabilities most handy for them.
Key Options To Implement To Meet Potential Shoppers’ Wants
With the suitable person interface in your web site, you may hopefully present the “proper” person expertise for patrons and make connecting together with your firm extra handy. Listed below are a few of the key options to think about implementing in your company web site.
1. All data is offered in bite-size “slides.” By presenting your web site’s data in easy-to-swallow chunks, you may keep away from overwhelming guests.
2. A customer ought to have the ability to get from the house web page to the data they want in three clicks, tops. Once more, it is a actually necessary technique to get rid of frustration on the potential purchasers’ finish.
3. Guests can learn your complete website in a linear, sequential method. They simply must press the “Subsequent” button to maneuver to the subsequent slide.
4. Customers can navigate the location with their keyboard as a substitute of simply the mouse.
5. There are not any scrollers.
6. The positioning has loads of multimedia parts.
7. Conventional hypertext could possibly be reintroduced: You may hyperlink all phrases used to related data.
8. “Breadcrumbs” present potential purchasers the place they’re within the navigation.
9. A chatbot can at all times assist reply purchasers’ questions and ship them on to the data they want.
10. Use an extended, detailed menu to assist readers perceive what’s accessible and to seek out what they want. It additionally advertises gadgets that potential purchasers may not have seen or looked for in any other case.
11. Related gated content material is available, bettering straight lead era and conversion.
12. The web site and company presentation supply the identical data, offering many advantages for company advertising.
Whereas aware design and different website parts had been made standard throughout the pandemic, they’re extra than simply developments. Clear, easy design makes it simpler for the person to get the data they want — and on the finish of the day, buyer care is what actually issues.
So, we problem you to check out your web site and ask your self: Does it present your potential purchasers with a stress-free expertise, or does it give data overload? If it is the latter, it is time to make some modifications.
Forbes Expertise Council is an invitation-only group for world-class CIOs, CTOs and know-how executives. Do I qualify?